Everything You Need to Know to Plan a Successful MySQL to Amazon Aurora Migration
MySQL is an excellent database management system, but it has some gaps in functionality critical to today’s high-performance, high-scale workloads with on-premises deployment. Commercial databases fill in these gaps, but they do so at an astronomical cost compared to MySQL’s open-source technology.
Rather than moving to a completely different database, though, your organization can leverage the Amazon Aurora platform, which offers enterprise-grade capacities and access to cloud technology. Learn everything you need to know to plan a successful MySQL to Amazon Aurora migration that includes:
- An overview of Amazon Aurora
- The benefits of migrating MySQL databases to Amazon Aurora
- Key questions to ask before starting a database migration
- Assessing your organization’s cloud readiness
- The costs incurred with Amazon Aurora
- Other MySQL migration expenses to know
- Selection of the best regions and availability zones for your company
- MySQL to Amazon Aurora migration options
- Best practices for Amazon Aurora migrations
- Do you need to modernize your MySQL databases?
- What are your database administrators (DBAs) responsible for post-migration?
Fill out the form to the right to download the paper and learn more about Datavail’s Amazon Aurora expertise.
Download the White Paper