Datavail (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.datavail.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
For ease of understanding, we have separated our privacy statements by purpose as listed below. To access a specific statement, you may click on the relevant link below or continue to read this primary statement relating to our website service and marketing activities.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
PRIVACY STATEMENT. This Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained through use of our websites and to events hosted by Datavail or by our business partners and sponsors where we collect information from participants.
SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENT. Datavail’s Services Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices related to our technical services, including professional services, maned services, or other expert services that we provide to customers.
APPLICANT PRIVACY STATEMENT. The Applicant Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices related to an individual’s application for employment at Datavail.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE. This notice informs residents of California of their rights and our practices specific to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
SHIELD PRIVACY STATEMENT. Datavail complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the United States Department of Commerce with respect to the collection, use and retention of Personal Data transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States.
Privacy Statement Purpose
This Privacy Statement describes the information that we collect about you, how we obtain personal information, and how we may use or disclose that information in connection with the Website and Events. This Privacy Statement also details the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices, including to exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained through Datavail websites and event attendance information for events hosted by us or our business partners where we collect information from registrants and attendees.
Data Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information you provide to us may include, but is not limited to:
- When filling out forms on our Website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- When you enter a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- When you post material to our Website, participate in chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our Website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- When you register for or attend an Event.
Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our Website or attendance to an Event, including without limitation, billing information.
We may collect personal data from employees, potential employees, clients, suppliers, business contacts, and website users. For circumstances that are not covered in this privacy statement, we will give individuals (when required by law) appropriate notice of which other data will be collected and how such data will be used.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
If you provide us with the personal data of another person, you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of your actions and of the relevant information from this privacy statement. You are also obliged to assure that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with Datavail.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
For more information, please see Datavail’s Cookies Policy.
How we use data
Datavail uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Datavail may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- To comply with the law
If you have further questions regarding the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Retention of Data
Datavail will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
International Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note you are accessing our service and transferring information, including Personal Data, to United States and processing it there.
Disclosure of Data
Datavail does not sell, rent or trade information or Personal Data that we collect through our Website with third parties for promotional purposes. Datavail may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Datavail
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Datavail maintains organizational, physical and technical security safeguards for all personal data we hold. We maintain protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and standards in order to manage the risk of designated categories of personal data.
In order to manage these protections, Datavail undertakes industry standard measures to protect your personal data including:
- Maintaining an ISO27001 certification, which demonstrates that we adhere to the highest information security standards. The ISO standard is a security standard awarded by the British Standards Institution (“BSI”) that serves as international accreditation that Datavail adheres to the highest defined standards. This certification is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (“ISMS”), and such a certification confirms that Datavail’s processes and security controls provide an effective framework for protecting our clients’ and our own information.
- We have a global Privacy Protection program in place which advises and manages our data protection standards of your data.
- We have regular third party audits and testing that continue to validate our security posture and help us protect customer data.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), Canada, or California, you have certain data protection rights under law. Datavail aims to take reasonable steps to allow you choices regarding the information you provide to us and how to limit the use of your Personal Data. Specifically:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Event registrants and attendees may update their user profiles for Events we manage or coordinate by logging into the applicable event website or registration page.
- Certain jurisdictions, for example the European Economic Area, the state of California, and others provide their residents specific privacy rights under applicable law. We will process your requests to exercise such rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com or use the contact information below.
- If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” section below.
- In addition, if we process your personal information based on your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you are unhappy about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Datavail will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of executing these rights.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display
Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page:
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on –
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page:
AdRoll remarketing service is provided by Semantic Sugar, Inc.
You can opt-out of AdRoll remarketing by visiting this AdRoll Advertising Preferences web page:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone at +1.206.686.5196 or 1.833.742.0951
- By writing to us at:
11800 Ridge Parkway
Broomfield, CO 80021