Oracle Essbase & Essbase Cloud Provider Services
OLAP services for Data Modeling, Forecasting, and Financial Business Intelligencence
Essbase helps enable Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), which includes planning, budgeting, and financial reporting in the cloud which is essential to every organization.
Essbase, Oracle’s multidimensional database management system (MDBMS) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) server, is an advanced analytics tool that leverages both Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence Suite to support “what if” scenarios to help you make the best business decisions for your organization.
Essbase allows you and your team to model complex business scenarios quickly and efficiently while remaining scalable.
Essbase and the Essbase Cloud offer the following capabilities:
- Integration with Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office, and Oracle BI Suite Enterprise Edition Plus, including Dashboards, Answers, and Hyperion Interactive Reporting
- Hyperion Web Analysis and Hyperion Financial Reporting
- Development of forecasting and scenario modeling applications
- Quicker financial reporting from Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Access to critical business issues in a dimensional view for gaining actionable insight
- Navigation and creation of business hierarchies and alternative hierarchies
- Access to near real-time analysis of data, including finances, spending, and profitability
- Multiple reporting options and delivery options to suit your individual needs and goals
What’s Coming in Essbase 19c?
Essbase 19c is slated for release in 2020. The following are the expected features and functionality of Essbase 19c (both on-prem and cloud) and what to expect based on your existing application landscape.
- Both Essbase 19c Cloud and on-prem are “customer managed”
- Initially Essbase 19c on-prem will only be available on Oracle Linux 7.x
- Supported Oracle DB (for Metadata RCU) initially to be 12.1c, 12.2c, and 18c
- Integration with directory services for security – through WebLogic or IDCS
- Support matrix expands in 2020 – Windows is likely next, since most Essbase systems are Windows
- Cloud version uses Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- It’s now going to be a PaaS offering
Essbase 19c is meant to be Native Essbase only:
- Like OAC-Essbase, unlimited number of cubes — limited only by OCPUs
- ASO and Hybrid-only BSO
- Data loads through rules files, Essbase Connections, and Data Sync (and if you are familiar with it, 3rd party product called OneCloud)
- Ability to configure access to on-prem data sources (VPN)
- Automation scripting is through CLI/MaxL
- Customer managed, so backups and patches are under your control
- SSH access
- Options to customize configuration
Learn more by viewing our infographic or watching our ODTUG webinar, “Essbase On-prem to Essbase 19c Cloud – How, When and Why.”
How Datavail Can Help
Already have Essbase working for you, but are eager to streamline and gain more control? Datavail offers both cloud and on-premises Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) consulting services and expertise for your current implementation, project, or upgrade.
Datavail also offers assistance with Oracle Essbase Cloud implementations including migrations, infrastructure, project services, and training to achieve benefits such as:
- Reduction of clutter for onsite Essbase cube silos with migration or off-loading to a versatile and robust cloud infrastructure.
- More control over Oracle Analytics Cloud, EPM Cloud, and other cloud-based reporting solutions
- Faster scale and computing power for large and complex Essbase models
- Expert assistance developing a hybrid or full Oracle Cloud architecture solution for EPM
- Learning from one of Oracle’s top Oracle Analytics/EPM Platinum Partners
Ready to discuss how we can provide Essbase support? Fill out the form to talk to one of our experienced Essbase professionals.
Call us at: 877-634-9222
Or, tell us about what you are trying to accomplish and we will contact you:
* denotes a required field:
Datavail is an Oracle Partner with 17 specializations backed by a dedicated team with expertise in consulting, implementations Oracle EPM Cloud and Hyperion performance management via our APM software solution.