Cloud Database Migration & Conversions
Let our team of cloud experts help you migrate your database to the cloud.
Datavail has helped more than 150 clients migrate to the cloud. With in-house expertise across all major cloud database providers combined with our tech-enabled IP, our enterprise-level migration team will help you achieve your goals while avoiding the pitfalls that come from lack of broad and deep experience.
Avoid Cloud Migration Failures with Datavail as Your Partner Ensure Success
Migrating your data to the cloud is a critical operation and comes with a number of potential failure points. With Datavail’s vast cloud expertise, you’ll avoid these and achieve your goals.
- Validate your selection of cloud database technologies.
- Complete a proper cloud readiness assessment.
- Develop an adequate roadmap and plan timelines appropriately.
- Deploy a Proof of Concept (POC), prior to full committal.
- Obtain a reliable “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) estimate.
- Future-proof your data structure, to avoid costly adjustments.
- Prepare for ongoing management.
Contact an Expert Today
AWS Database Migrations Services
Whether you are converting to a new database technology, implementing a database lift-and- shift to AWS, or need cloud managed services, we have the experience you need for success.
- Amazon EC2 – The Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) reduces costs while expanding capacities.
- Amazon RDS – The cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS) facilitates database access from anywhere.
- Amazon Aurora – Marries the speed of a high-end database with the cost-effectiveness of an open-source database.
- Amazon Redshift – This warehouse offers all the tools you need for your BI operations.
- Amazon DocumentDB – MongoDB-compatible database service giving you performance, scalability and high availability.
- Amazon ElastiCache – Deliver lightning-fast webpage speed to your users with this AWS service.
- Amazon DynamoDB – AWS’ NoSQL database solution effortlessly supports the scale and growth of your business.
- Amazon Neptune – This high-performance graph database processes graph queries.
- Amazon Keyspaces – Compatible database service for Apache Cassandra.
“Rather than refreshing the bare metal in our datacenter, we migrated to Amazon RDS – it was a slam dunk in terms of reducing our daily operational tasks and infrastructure costs.”
— Noah Zucker, SVP of Technology, Novus Partners
Azure Database Migration Services
Datavail has deep expertise in the Microsoft stack, including the latest Azure cloud technologies.
- Azure Cosmos – NoSQL database for modern application development.
- Azure PostgreSQL – Fully managed for application innovation.
- Azure SQL Database – Scalable, relational database built for the cloud with AI and automation features.
- Azure Database for MySQL – Advanced security and high availability.
- Azure Cache for Redis – Fast and fully managed in-memory data store.
- Azure Database for MariaDB – Enterprise-ready and fully managed community.
“Moving to Azure IaaS has provided us a much more flexible environment over private hosted datacenters. We are able to take advantage of the newest technology and incorporate into our operations much faster than being on premise.”
— IT Director, Medium Enterprise Company
Other Major Database Technologies
We can help you migrate to, or from, any of these technologies either in the cloud or on premise.
Ensure Cloud Migration Success with Datavail
Datavail’s cloud experts have hands-on experience in migrating and managing cloud applications and database platforms for many of North America’s largest and most respected companies.
Fill out the form on this page or contact us to speak with a cloud migration expert today.
Learn and leverage database migration best practices from moving off commercial Oracle databases to Amazon RDS or Aurora. We’ll cover common pitfalls, issues, the biggest differences between the engines, migration best practices, and how some of our customers have completed these migrations.
There are a variety of benefits around cloud computing and how AWS’ EC2 and RDS can provide new users with a variety of support and services they need during a SQL Server to AWS cloud migration — including services they didn’t know existed.