Software Company Refreshes Their DevOps and Enjoys Many Enhancement
In this case study, the Client is a software development company providing technology solutions to the beauty industry. Even though they had many talented and skilled professionals on their team, they needed assistance from an experienced and knowledgeable AppDev consulting firm who could evaluate their processes and methodologies with a fresh look and perspective, and give their DevOps practices a makeover.
They asked Datavail to review their situation and suggest options for the next steps in their DevOps maturation journey. Datavail’s software developers and systems engineers provided support, guidance, and technological inputs to resolve their bottlenecks and get them back on target.
Download the case study to learn how Datavail provided DevOps assistance and support to our Client, as well as what their challenges were, and the outcome and benefits they received as a result.
- The Challenge – The Client was struggling to meet all of its contractual obligations to its customers. One big reason for that challenge was the volume of work coming in the door. They had recently received some significant investments that facilitated expanding their global footprint. The added work burden was causing some pain.
- Understanding The Client’s Technical Needs – The Client provides digital business services to spas and salons, and their software manages almost all the financial and scheduling activities at each spa or salon, from end-to-end bookings, point of sale sites, salon and facility management, and marketing management. They had many technical requirements for DevOps to work through.
- Addressing the Client’s Budget Concerns – Hiring Datavail addressed the Client’s budget concerns. We populate these specialized teams with the specific talent needed for the project, then deploy the team on an incremental basis, based on the Client’s budget and time constraints.
- Devising the Strategy – Our primary goal was to achieve the Client’s business goals, and to develop a ‘roadmap’ for the Client that articulated the strategy we would follow to address the backlog among several other items.
- The DevOps Solution – At a fixed monthly cost the Datavail DevOps team took on the customer service delivery support, providing 24/7 support for the Client’s customers, regardless of their location. They addressed the immediate customer issues that came in, which included many ‘break/fix’ activities, upgrade supports, and tutoring for new customers.
- The Database Administration Solution – Datavail also established a full shift of SQL database server support, which was one of the Client’s most significant challenges.
- The Outcome – The project achieved everything the Client wanted including on-demand and scheduled deployments, app and infrastructure monitoring, and much more.
Even software development companies need a technology rejuvenation. Datavail’s comprehensive knowledge and skill base are available 24/7 to help every organization maximize its technological assets. Contact us to speak with an AppDev or Database expert to find out how we can help you with your DevOps initiatives.
Download the Case Study