Making the Move to MariaDB on Amazon RDS
MariaDB is an open-source relational database that forked from MySQL and includes many enterprise-grade features. It’s capable of powering high-performance workloads with commercial support to make it a viable solution for companies of all sizes. Some of the ways that MariaDB stands out compared to MySQL include more storage engines, Xpand for distributed SQL, ColumnStore for analytics, and excellent replication features.
While MariaDB works perfectly well on-premises, moving this database to the cloud makes it possible to drive even greater scale and performance. Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a MariaDB-compatible managed database solution that streamlines and automates many overhead tasks.
However, making the move to Amazon RDS for MariaDB requires the right planning and execution to make the cloud migration a success.
In this white paper, you’ll learn:
- About the MariaDB database features offered on Amazon RDS
- How to choose between Amazon RDS and Amazon EC2 for your MariaDB cloud migration
- Whether your organization is cloud-ready
- How to plan for a MariaDB to Amazon RDS migration
- Costs associated with a MariaDB to Amazon RDS migration
- MariaDB to Amazon RDS Migration Options
- What your MariaDB DBAs are responsible for in an Amazon RDS for MariaDB environment
Fill out the form to dive into MariaDB cloud migrations.
Download the White Paper