Legacy .NET Application Modernization with Microsoft Azure
In the face of an ever-shifting enterprise IT landscape, businesses need to preserve their competitive edge
Releasing new products and services, satisfying customers, and boosting revenues are all much easier when your employees have access to cutting-edge digital technologies.
Unfortunately, companies are often held back by their dependence on legacy applications and systems. Many organizations are even spending a majority of their IT budget on these legacy technologies. On average, 78 percent of a bank’s IT spending goes to legacy applications, while the figure is 58 percent for retailers and 79 percent for the U.S. government.
The pain points of legacy applications have led many businesses to try modernizing these technologies. Key drivers of app modernization projects include cost savings, faster innovation speeds, better performance, greater scalability and distributed processing, freedom from restrictive software licenses, and providing the customer, or end user, a better overall experience.
In particular, legacy applications created with Microsoft’s .NET Framework can greatly benefit from modernization. First released 20 years ago in 2002, the .NET Framework has now largely been replaced by .NET Core, the open-source and modular successor. Beyond moving to .NET Core, businesses can also take advantage of cloud elasticity and scalability by migrating these on-premises applications to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Download this white paper to learn:
- 3 Ways Legacy Apps Are Harming Your Business – Delaying your modernization project is very likely costing you money and impeding your efficiency and productivity.
- 4 Challenges of Legacy .NET App Modernization – In a survey by Advanced, 74 percent of businesses—almost three-quarters—say that they’ve given up on their legacy app modernization projects before they were complete.
- 5 Essential Factors When Modernizing Legacy .NET Apps – What should businesses know about the app modernization process? Below are 5 tips and best practices for your upcoming legacy .NET modernization project.
- How to Modernize .NET Apps with Microsoft Azure – An overview of the options, approaches and strategies of modernizing legacy .NET applications.
- Datavail’s Legacy .NET App Modernization Services – Datavail offers a wide range of legacy .NET modernization and cloud migration services, including:
- Assessment: Datavail will perform a thorough, detailed assessment of your readiness for a legacy app modernization project.
- Replatforming: If replatforming is the right solution, Datavail will help you containerize your legacy applications and deploy them to the Azure cloud.
- Refactoring: If you need a complete rehaul of your legacy .NET applications, Datavail can help.
- Application support: Once the project is complete, Datavail can continue to provide application support.
Is your business looking to leverage the power of Microsoft Azure? To learn more about how we can help with your legacy .NET modernization project, get in touch with Datavail’s team of appdev experts today.
Download the White Paper