Oracle Hyperion is one of the world’s leading enterprise performance management (EPM) software suites, with a variety of tools for financial management, financial close, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and data governance.
As you likely already know, Hyperion EPM 11.2, the first major release of Hyperion in five years, reached general availability in December 2019. Let’s look at the highlights of the features and benefits of the latest version.
Uplift to Oracle Fusion Middleware 12g.
Oracle Essbase 188.8.131.52 will still be initially used for Hyperion 11.2.
Streamlined reporting infrastructure – the Reporting Analysis Framework has been eliminated, so the file-based repository for Financial Reporting/Workspace now resides exclusively within the database.
Easier cloud migration for Hyperion 11.2 customers.
Third-party certifications for software products, including:
- Windows 2019 (support for Linux 7 and AIX 7.2 in a future patch set update)
- Oracle Database 12.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and 2019
- Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8
- Microsoft Edge (EPM 11.2.1.x only)
- Google Chrome (EPM 11.2.1.x only)
Oracle also has plans for future Hyperion 11.2.x features. Many of these features are borrowed from the software’s cloud equivalent. Oracle’s plans for new functionality include:
Hyperion Financial Management:
- Automated consolidations (configurable by administrators)
- Native metadata editor
- Purging source tables after import
Various performance improvements to Smart View, database batch processing, etc.
- Smart Push (instantly moving small datasets between cubes in the same application)
- Dimension editor for the Smart View extension
- Extended support for attributes
- Defining valid intersections; This existing Oracle Planning Cloud feature is expected to be back-ported to on-premises.
Additional third-party certifications.
Hyperion 11.2 also notably discontinues certain products and features. The full list of products and features removed from Hyperion 11.2 are:
Hyperion Financial Management:
- Financial Management Analytics
- Essbase Analytics Link for Hyperion Financial Management
- Quantitative Management and Reporting for Solvency
Hyperion Business Intelligence applications:
- Interactive Reporting (IR)
- Production Reporting (SQR)
- Web Analysis (WA)
- Simplified User Interface
- Workforce Planning
- Capital Expense Planning
- Project Financial Planning
- Offline Planning
EPM Architect (EPMA).
Crystal Ball (replaced by Predictive Planning).
Hyperion Strategic Finance (HSF).
Of course, this is only a shortlist of the most notable changes. What features are you most looking forward to? What changes are you concerned about?
For more details on 11.2 and the upcoming end of support for 184.108.40.206, download my white paper, “It’s the Eleventh Hour for Hyperion 220.127.116.11—Here’s What to Do.”
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.
Curious about Oracle’s new Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service? Get the full scoop in Datavail’s latest blog post.