In the first post in this series, we introduced you to a project we completed recently for a North American Financial Advisor enterprise. The goal was to establish a strong corporate intranet using SharePoint. Our first challenge was to create a user interface for the intranet that encouraged employee usage and adoption.
The second challenge was to set up a powerful search capability. While SharePoint can store a large amount of information, if employees can’t find the documents they need quickly, usage of the system will decrease quickly.
Establishing an Optimized Search Function
Initially, users were frustrated with the search function because it returned many irrelevant results on searches for policies, procedures, case files and more. In addition, users weren’t using the search capability as effectively due to refinements not defined or available. So, we proposed the following solution:
- Further refine the taxonomy used to categorize documents.
- Start using metadata tagging to improve the search results.
- Create refinement panels in the user interface to support locating content easily.
- Improve indexing.
- Provide additional user training.
Usage of the intranet increased as users got better search tools and results, and additional training in how to use them.
Datavail Offers Extensive SharePoint Services
We can help you with every stage of your implementation of a powerful SharePoint installation.
- Migration Services: We’ll work with you to identify where you are and develop a strategy for getting to where you want to be.
- App Development: Our Microsoft Certified Professionals can develop SharePoint apps and make sure your intranet is branded appropriately.
- Consulting: We can help you design and implement complex business solutions, define SharePoint architecture and governance and provide SharePoint training.
- Administration: We can perform SharePoint content migration and customize the system, manage SharePoint farms, administer databases and much more.
- Monitoring: We will monitor the health of your system, including server availability, site accessibility and resource utilization to ensure a positive user experience.
- Performance Tuning: Your intranet will run at peak capacity when we keep your systems running well by identify and resolve issues such as bottlenecks and caching configurations.
- Fine Tuning: We can customize the SharePoint enterprise search, create custom workflows and configure InfoPath forms, and complete integration with complimentary systems such as Excel, SSRS and Outlook among others.
- 24/7 Support: You’ll have round-the-clock support and benefit from services such as ongoing monitoring of system health, SharePoint farm maintenance and daily ticket handling.
When you work with Datavail, you’ll receive a complete managed service without the need to schedule resources. We develop relationships with your technical team with the help of an onshore senior primary lead to maintain continuity. Working together, you’ll know you can receive all of the cost savings, time savings, and other benefits that a powerful intranet can offer your specific organization. Contact us to learn more.
Find out about why building a digital bridge for utilities customers isn’t optional, and industry customer engagement success stories.
With so many applications in the Office 365 offering, understanding how to make use of the more critical applications will help organizations make the most from their investment in Office 365.