I’m often asked for ways to help discriminate between Production and lower environments, by changing how EPM Workspace looks. There are some blog posts out in the wild that suggest you replace certain files within user_projects/domains/EPMSystem/servers/FoundationServices0/tmp, but I’m not a big fan of that approach.
To change the EPM Workspace title that appears to the right of the Oracle logo, or whatever custom logo you’ve replaced it with, run this SQL statement against your EPM System Registry database:
UPDATE hss_component_property_values SET property_value = 'EPM Workspace 126.96.36.199 - Datavail Demo Lab' WHERE property_name = 'ApplicationName'
You can set property_value to be whatever you want. The property_name value is case-sensitive and must be ‘ApplicationName’ exactly.
EPM Foundation caches this property when it is first initialized, so you will need to stop and restart your EPM Foundation service in order for this change to take effect.
No editing .war files inside of .ear files, and no replacing contents of /tmp folders. Problem solved!
This blog was originally published on Dave Shay’s blog: http://www.epmonprem.pro/2017/07/easy-way-to-change-epm-workspace-window.html
For additional EPM resources please download my white paper, Where, Oh Where Has My Hyperion Administrator Gone?
Datavail Script: Terms & Conditions
By using this software script (“Script”), you are agreeing to the following terms and condition, as a legally enforceable contract, with Datavail Corporation (“Datavail”). If you do not agree with these terms, do not download or otherwise use the Script. You (which includes any entity whom you represent or for whom you use the Script) and Datavail agree as follows:
1. CONSIDERATION. As you are aware, you did not pay a fee to Datavail for the license to the Script. Consequently, your consideration for use of the Script is your agreement to these terms, including the various waivers, releases and limitations of your rights and Datavail’s liabilities, as setforth herein.
2. LICENSE. Subject to the terms herein, the Script is provided to you as a non-exclusive, revocable license to use internally and not to transfer, sub-license, copy, or create derivative works from the Script, not to use the Script in a service bureau and not to disclose the Script to any third parties. No title or other ownership of the Script (or intellectual property rights therein) is assigned to you.
3. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You agree that your use of the Script and any impacts on your software, databases, systems, networks or other property or services are solely and exclusively at your own risk. Datavail does not make any warranties, and hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, implied or express, including without limitation, the following: (1) performance of or results from the Script, (2) compatibility with any other software or hardware, (3) non-infringement or violation of third party’s intellectual property or other property rights, (4) fitness for a particular purpose, or (5) merchantability.
4. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY; RELEASE. DATAVAIL SHALL HAVE NO, AND YOU WAIVE ANY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
You hereby release Datavail from any claims, causes of action, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from your downloading or other use of the Script.
5. AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions constitute your complete and exclusive legal agreement between you and Datavail.
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.