Oracle Database Extended Support Deadlines: What You Need to Know
Author: Steve Thompson | | January 19, 2021
If you’re confused about Oracle’s extended support deadlines, you are not alone.
Due to some complications with naming conventions, understanding what’s in-support and out-of-support for Oracle Database installations is a bit confusing right now. Keep reading to get a comprehensive overview of what’s in store for 11g through 19c.
The Importance of Oracle Extended Support Deadlines
If you’re running an Oracle database installation, you need to pay attention to when support for your release expires. Without support from your database vendor, system performance can suffer, security can degrade, you may experience extended downtimes, and you can fall behind your competition because you won’t take advantage of new features that could give your business new opportunities.
Deadline Dates for Current Oracle Database Versions
Oracle publishes a Lifetime Support Policy to describe each aspect of the support that it provides. In summary, each new release of Oracle Database receives five years of Premier Support from its release date. If purchased, Extended Support provides an additional three years for a total of eight. In limited situations, the fee-based Market-Driven Support is also offered. At the end of those types of support, each release enters an indefinite Sustaining Support status.
Here are the support end dates that should be on your radar:
Version 11.2 (11g)
- Premier Support ended in January 2015
- Extended Support ended December 31, 2020
- Market-Driven Support is a paid service that ends December 31, 2022
- Support for this release has ended, and it isn’t eligible for Extended Support
- Premier Support ended July 31, 2019
- Without Extended Support or an Unlimited License Agreement, Error Correction/Patching ended July 31, 2019
- With Extended Support or an Unlimited License Agreement, Error Correction/Patching ends July 31, 2022
- Error Correction/Patching ended November 30, 2020
- Limited Error Correction is available from December 1, 2020, through March 31, 2022
- Extended Support is not available
Version 22.214.171.124 (18c)
- Error Correction/Patching ends June 30, 2021
- Extended Support isn’t available
Version 126.96.36.199 (19c)
- Premier Support ends April 30, 2024
- Extended Support runs from May 1, 2024, through April 30, 2027
- With paid Extended Support, Error Correction/Patching is available through April 30, 2027
- Without paid Extended Support, Error Correction/Patching is available through April 30, 2024
- Error Correction/Patching ends June 30, 2023
- Extended Support is not available
Datavail: Oracle Services for Before, During, & After Extended Support Ends
The end of Extended Support is a critical time. Once your installation enters the Sustaining Support status, you will no longer receive any new updates, critical patch updates or security alerts. You also won’t be able to keep up with legal, or regulatory changes. It makes your system vulnerable to countless problems that can waste time and money.
Datavail can help you in every stage of your Oracle journey to make sure you get the most out of your investment. During years of experience, our Oracle experts have helped clients manage every type of challenge related to financial management, business analytics, reporting, migrations, and overall data management.
- We have worked with clients in small businesses, all the way up to large Fortune 100 enterprises.
- Our patented Tech-enabled IP tools are built to handle the most challenging client issues.
- Our global delivery model allows us to provide 24×7 support.
Our experts are experienced with Oracle performance tuning, SR management, custom scripts, and much more. Learn more about how Datavail can help you manage your Oracle installation to ensure peak performance and to let your IT resources concentrate on helping your business grow.
The “ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified” Oracle error is a commonly seen message for database administrators.
Become familiar with these 9 uses for SharePoint that you can execute in just a few clicks without using any code. Learn more about using SharePoint here!