Recently, I wrote a series of DBMS product descriptions/overviews for the TechTarget web portal. The product descriptions were an adjunct to a 7 part series of articles I wrote reviewing DBMS technology and considerations circa 2015.
Anyway, the purpose of today’s post is to share the DBMS product overviews with readers of this blog. What follows is a series of fourteen links, each one taking you to the TechTarget web site for a different DBMS product overview… enjoy.
- Aerospike NoSQL DBMS overview
- Amazon SimpleDB overview
- Apache Cassandra NoSQL DBMS overview
- IBM DB2 relational DBMS overview
- InfiniteGraph enterprise distributed graph database overview
- MarkLogic Server NoSQL DBMS overview
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 relational DBMS overview
- MongoDB NoSQL DBMS overview
- MySQL open source RDBMS overview
- Neo4j graph DBMS overview
- Oracle Database 12c relational database management system overview
- Redis open source DBMS overview
- Riak NoSQL DBMS overview
- SAP HANA in-memory DBMS overview
If your favorite DBMS is missing from this list, don’t fret. It does not mean that I (or TechTarget) deemed it to be inferior… but there was a limit to the number of product overviews that could be produced and published.
This blog was originally published on Craig Mullins’ blog at https://datatechnologytoday.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/an-overview-of-todays-leading-dbms-platforms/
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Most people will encounter this error when their application tries to connect to an Oracle database service, but it can also be raised by one database instance trying to connect to another database service via a database link.
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.