The largest data and database services provider in North America | Speak with Us
An Overview of Today’s Leading DBMS Platforms
Recently, I wrote a series of DBMS product descriptions/overviews for the TechTarget web portal. The product descriptions were an adjunct to a 7 part series of articles I wrote reviewing DBMS technology and considerations circa 2015.
Anyway, the purpose of today’s post is to share the DBMS product overviews with readers of this blog. What follows is a series of fourteen links, each one taking you to the TechTarget web site for a different DBMS product overview… enjoy.
- Aerospike NoSQL DBMS overview
- Amazon SimpleDB overview
- Apache Cassandra NoSQL DBMS overview
- IBM DB2 relational DBMS overview
- InfiniteGraph enterprise distributed graph database overview
- MarkLogic Server NoSQL DBMS overview
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 relational DBMS overview
- MongoDB NoSQL DBMS overview
- MySQL open source RDBMS overview
- Neo4j graph DBMS overview
- Oracle Database 12c relational database management system overview
- Redis open source DBMS overview
- Riak NoSQL DBMS overview
- SAP HANA in-memory DBMS overview
If your favorite DBMS is missing from this list, don’t fret. It does not mean that I (or TechTarget) deemed it to be inferior… but there was a limit to the number of product overviews that could be produced and published.
This blog was originally published on Craig Mullins’ blog at https://datatechnologytoday.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/an-overview-of-todays-leading-dbms-platforms/