Recently, I wrote a series of DBMS product descriptions/overviews for the TechTarget web portal. The product descriptions were an adjunct to a 7 part series of articles I wrote reviewing DBMS technology and considerations circa 2015.
Anyway, the purpose of today’s post is to share the DBMS product overviews with readers of this blog. What follows is a series of fourteen links, each one taking you to the TechTarget web site for a different DBMS product overview… enjoy.
- Aerospike NoSQL DBMS overview
- Amazon SimpleDB overview
- Apache Cassandra NoSQL DBMS overview
- IBM DB2 relational DBMS overview
- InfiniteGraph enterprise distributed graph database overview
- MarkLogic Server NoSQL DBMS overview
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 relational DBMS overview
- MongoDB NoSQL DBMS overview
- MySQL open source RDBMS overview
- Neo4j graph DBMS overview
- Oracle Database 12c relational database management system overview
- Redis open source DBMS overview
- Riak NoSQL DBMS overview
- SAP HANA in-memory DBMS overview
If your favorite DBMS is missing from this list, don’t fret. It does not mean that I (or TechTarget) deemed it to be inferior… but there was a limit to the number of product overviews that could be produced and published.
This blog was originally published on Craig Mullins’ blog at https://datatechnologytoday.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/an-overview-of-todays-leading-dbms-platforms/
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.
Choosing the right cloud computing vendor for your database needs is difficult. This blog post takes you through the pros and cons of Oracle vs Amazon Cloud.