Oracle’s recent announcement that Essbase 19c will be spun off as its own product is generating some buzz, and you may be wondering what this means for you as an Essbase user.
Essbase will continue to provide valuable insights for finance departments in thousands of companies. In fact, the software application remains largely unchanged. However, users will realize many additional benefits, including: scalability, availability, business continuity, lower IT costs, flexible work, and more.
Essbase was previously part of the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) software suite. The separation from OAC signals a new direction for Essbase with an emphasis on the importance of the cloud. The change is coming soon, with Essbase 19c Cloud expected to be available during Oracle’s first half of FY2020. The impending release makes this the perfect time for organizations to begin preparing for the migration. It might seem daunting, but there are many reasons to make the move to Essbase 19c Cloud. This blog post reviews the top 9 reasons companies should feel confident about migrating to Essbase 19c.
- The time to upgrade is now. If you have been considering an upgrade to your on-premise Essbase, it’s the right time to move to the cloud. Upgrading an on-premise system can be challenging and costly. Migrating to the cloud means Oracle is responsible for system upgrades and maintenance.
- Migrating allows you to focus on your business. Your IT support requirements are greatly reduced in the cloud, allowing you to get back to running your business. Oracle maintains the infrastructure, freeing you from worrying about technical issues and giving you the time to do what you do best.
- The power of the cloud is real. Cloud computing is dominating the business software world – and rightfully so. Essbase 19c Cloud provides your company with the agility necessary to adjust to business growth.
- New functionality through the cloud. Oracle has declared itself a “cloud-first” company, meaning all new product features will be rolled out in the cloud before reaching on-premise versions.
- Leverage Smart View. Oracle’s Smart View for Office, used with products like Essbase, provides advanced analytics and reporting. Users of Essbase 19c Cloud will see a seamless transition in the way they use Smart View.
- Flexibility in licensing negotiations. There is some leverage for cloud users when it comes to licensing negotiations. Cloud users, particularly those in small and mid-sized organizations, benefit from paying only for the number of licenses they need.
- A scalable system to maximize resources. The cloud provides flexibility when it comes to resource usage. You start with what you need and adjust up or down to align with business growth.
- Supplement your existing investments. Essbase Cloud complements software that you have already implemented, such as Oracle EPM.
- Avoid retraining your team. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to your team’s expertise. Essbase 19c Cloud is similar to what is used for Essbase on-premise, giving your team an advantage when migrating to the cloud.
The impending release of Essbase 19c Cloud will provide new benefits and more convenience to companies. Preparation for this migration is key in order for an organization to reap the benefits of this new cloud-based platform.
For a more detailed examination of the 9 reasons to migrate to Essbase 19c cloud, download our white paper, “Essbase 19c On-Prem & Cloud: What You Need to Know.”
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Check out these BI Publisher tips including functions & calculations so you can understand more about the production and support of BI Publisher reports.
Ultimately the goal of commentary in OBIEE is to have a system for persisting feedback, creating a call to action, and recognizing the prolific users.