AWS Data Migration Services & Solutions
Migrate Your Current On-Premises Database to the AWS Cloud
In recent years, organizations of all sizes have made the decision to transition their database from on-premises to Amazon’s cloud-based Database-as-a-Service offering.
Migrating your current Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other on-premises database to the AWS cloud is a cost-effective solution for organizations who wish to move and scale their database infrastructure with ease. If your organization is interested in migrating its databases to the AWS Cloud, Datavail can help.
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon DynamoDB
Our expert database administrators have extensive experience providing organizations of all sizes with migration services, providing organizations with a number of benefits including:
- Scalability: The ability to scale up quickly and at a minimum cost investment, with no need for capital expenditure. Only pay for the resources you use.
- Better Security: While there are security considerations with any technology selection, organizations can often benefit from improved security and better business continuity planning.
- Fewer Staffing Requirements: Reduced need for additional database management talent.
- Predictable Monthly Costs: Minimize high upfront investments in hardware, software, and staffing.
- Flexibility: Organizations can scale cloud database deployments both vertically and horizontally and engage in use case testing with minimal cost deployment.
- Compliance: Organizations subject to comply with regulatory requirements such as HIPAA or PCI can achieve lower-cost compliance with less resource commitment and risk of compliance fatigue.
- Lower TCO: As organizations increase their adoption of cloud databases, many choose to decommission unnecessary databases and consolidate others, in many cases achieving significant data consolidation, far less demand on IT, and significant savings on IT management and licensing costs.
During the migration process, your source database will remain fully available, allowing reliant applications to continue operating with no interruptions. Datavail’s standardized process allows all organizations to experience the same levels of security, availability and continuous uptime throughout migration. This process includes:
- Discovery: Datavail’s expert database migration specialists will perform documentation and discovery of your organization’s production workloads to eliminate risk and map out a migration plan.
- Configuration: Before mapping the environment, a Linux Conversion Virtual Machine (VM) is configured to serve as an end-to-end conversion laboratory for the migration process.
- Automation: Leveraging the DevOps processes, Datavail will initiate migration, testing, and automation processes.
- Testing: Datavail will perform post-migration testing and validation, including general performance, compatibility, and stress, load, vulnerability, and functionality tests.
- Security Review: Finally, we test all applications associated with the cloud database environment to determine potential risks and reduce the chance of exposing data post-migration.
Is your organization ready to migrate its databases to the Amazon cloud? Fill out the form to the right and one of our expert database administrators and migration specialists will contact you to get started.
Contact a Data Expert
Call us at: 877-634-9222
Or, tell us about what you are trying to accomplish and we will contact you:
* denotes a required field:
Datavail’s certified AWS Competency experts can help your business move to the next level of performance in the cloud.