Datavail Applicant Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is effective as of December 12, 2019. Please note that this privacy statement may be updated to reflect changes in law, or changes in the way we handle your personal data.
Statement Purpose and Scope
This Applicant Privacy Statement (“Applicant Statement”) describes Datavail’s privacy practices that apply to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information from our applicants (“you” and “your”) for employment, including internship opportunities with Datavail via our application portals, websites, or other recruitment channels (collectively, “Application Sites”).
For the purposes of this Applicant Statement:
“Job Applicant” means a current or former applicant for employment with us.
“Applicant Data” means the information we process in connection with your application and as part of the interview process.
Data Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for recruiting and processing purposes to provide and improve our application process.
How we obtain information
Datavail collects necessary information from our applicants in a variety of ways. In general, these methods form into 3 areas:
Information you provide to us in order to process your application (Applicant Data):
- Your contact information (for example, your name, home and email addresses, telephone number)
- Job title
- Compensation information
- Background check and drug screening information (where permitted or required by law)
- Nationality and immigration status
- Employment contacts and history
- Competency assessments and education history
Information we collect from third parties:
- We may procure information about you from various 3rd party sources, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in connection with your application or our recruiting process. For example, we may obtain information about you from third parties such as referees, employment research firms, identity verification and background check service providers, and other websites. For example, you may choose to provide us with access to your personal profile or personal information stored by third parties on professional social media sites (for example, LinkedIn).
Information we collect as you navigate through our website:
- As you navigate through our website, we may also collect certain information from you about your visit to our websites using “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies.
For further information, please consult our Cookies Policy.