In this blog post, we feature a client that is a U.S. telecommunications company with 10,000 employees across multiple countries, offering a variety of communications and network infrastructure services. As a long-standing customer of Oracle applications, the client has been working with Datavail for more than 10 years. In this case study, we discuss how Datavail helped the client complete one of the first successful Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) 11.2 upgrades in the United States.
For a deeper dive look you can download the case study.
First released in January 2015, Hyperion EPM 18.104.22.168 is scheduled to reach its end of support (EOS) date by the end of 2021. Hyperion users who don’t upgrade to Oracle EPM 11.2 before December will need to purchase Oracle’s Extended Support plan so that their software doesn’t fall out of compliance—but this is only intended as a stopgap measure until you complete the upgrade.
Oracle upgrades are complex, involved projects that need to be planned and budgeted for well in advance. With Hyperion end of support coming up soon, the client knew they didn’t have a moment to waste. As one of the client’s long-standing IT partners, Datavail was the natural choice to complete this upgrade.
Datavail helped the client through every step of the upgrade process, from roadmaps and strategic planning to post-launch support and maintenance. Although Datavail can assist with both cloud migrations and on-premises upgrades, the client decided to remain on-premises with Oracle EPM 11.2 for reasons of simplicity and cybersecurity. The stages of the EPM 11.2 upgrade included:
- Requirements gathering and discovery
- Validating servers and hardware (including tweaks, optimizations, and sanity checks)
- Downloading and installing EPM 11.2
- Installing, configuring, and migrating a variety of Oracle services (including Hyperion Foundation Services, Essbase Administration Services, and Hyperion Provider Services)
- Building test and production environments
- Implementing Oracle Lifecycle Management (LCM) backups
Thanks to Datavail’s help, the client has achieved the following results from its EPM 11.2 upgrade:
- Greater peace of mind, with no obligation to upgrade until Premier Support for EPM 11.2 expires in December 2030.
- An easier upgrade to the upcoming “EPM 11.2.X” version, which Oracle will support through at least 2030.
- Access to the Continuous Innovation release model on the EPM platform, which offers new application updates without needing to upgrade middleware technology.
- Continued EPM managed support – the client signed on post-upgrade due to our exemplary delivery of the 11.2 upgrade.
Datavail is an Oracle Platinum Partner with 17 different specializations. We help clients at all stages of their Oracle journey, from installing the software to in-depth consulting about performance issues. Our Hyperion EPM services include:
- Cloud and on-premises implementations
- Upgrades and migrations
- Establishing an internal Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Infrastructure support and maintenance
- Scheduled health checks
- Enterprise consulting and advisory services
Need to perform your own Hyperion upgrade? Time is of the essence. Get in touch with our team of Oracle experts for a chat about your business needs and objectives.
Read This Next
Hyperion EPM 11.2, the first major release of Hyperion in five years, reached general availability in December 2019. With all the excitement of this long-awaited release, it was also the beginning of the end for Hyperion 22.214.171.124, the previous version of the software, which will reach its end of support date in December 2021. So what should you do?
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.
Curious about Oracle’s new Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service? Get the full scoop in Datavail’s latest blog post.