Database Assessments & Health Checks
Optimize Your Database with Our Expert Recommendations
Datavail’s database assessment and health check services will enable you to execute your plans for success with precision and confidence.
In any company, a baseline is an important starting point for all parties to agree upon and shape future plans. Datavail’s database assessment is that baseline.
Because of the breadth of work that Datavail’s senior-level database administrators perform on a daily basis, they are ideal experts at leading the effort to conduct a detailed database health check of your SQL Server, Oracle, Oracle E-Business Suite, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB or PostgreSQL environment. Whether you have a small environment that can be assessed in one day or a large complex environment that requires a team of experts diving into the details for months, Datavail can provide key insights, short- and long-term database recommendations, optimization opportunities and information on alternative database approaches to your environment.
Before launch of an assessment or health check, discovery interviews are conducted to connect with any staff involved in the design and implementation of any changes in the database environment. During this phase, Datavail reviews:
- Current environment details, such as usage peaks and valleys, concurrent sessions, index usage, etc.
- Backup and fault tolerance strategy
- Platform and hardware details
- Information on supported applications
- Security measures
- Recent problem history
- Running of database tools and scripts to analyze data and report on blockage, I/O contention, offending queries, long-running queries, etc.
The Final Database Assessment Provides:
- A detailed view of the current database environment
- Recommendations for improvements and efficiencies for the current database environment, both physical and virtual
- Performance improvement recommendations on the current database environment
- Recommendations on how to approach DR alternatives
After the interviews, Datavail documents and analyzes what it learned in the discovery phase. Further remote database access may be required within your environment, in compliance with your security policies, in order to complete the assessment.
Contact a Data Expert
Call us at: 877-634-9222
Or, tell us about what you are trying to accomplish and we will contact you:
* denotes a required field: