The Real Value of Oracle Health Checks
These days supporting business means always handling varied and shifting priorities.
But, if you expect your Oracle databases to handle these changes and perform consistently at high levels, you need to have a maintenance process. The first part of that is an assessment: How are my databases performing, and are there any problems? It sounds simple, but for most modern complex database environments, a proper assessment requires a variety of tools and a lot of experience interpreting the results.
This presentation takes you through an Oracle database health check that will cover:
- Bad advice for database administrators (DBAs)
- Why health checks are important
- What an Oracle Database health check should include
- Examples of issues related to size, space, configuration, performance, security, and best practices.
- Why in many cases it’s prudent to bring in an independent third party to perform your database assessments.
Read The Presentation Here