Oracle EBS 12.1 End of Support: The Ultimate Guide to Determining Your ERP Future
If you thought you could hold off on an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.2 upgrade in hopes that Oracle would postpone the end of support date for 12.1, you’re likely scrambling a little right now. With the end of Premier Support holding strong for December 2021, organizations are at the tipping point: either upgrade or move to the cloud. And do it fast.
In the case of Oracle EBS, deciding whether to upgrade or move to the cloud isn’t an easy one. Oracle EBS is a robust platform consisting of many applications that are core to most businesses, and many companies have deep investments and customizations across the suite. Upgrading alone has a history of being a lengthy process, and the decision to move to Oracle Cloud ERP or an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform comes with lots of moving pieces as well.
While the decision to move to either SaaS or IaaS cloud is a no-brainer for many companies, there are plenty of good reasons why companies running Oracle EBS choose to stay on-premises and simply upgrade.
Regardless of which path you choose, it’s time to make a move. Companies that delay the decision leave themselves vulnerable to security issues when Oracle EBS version 12.1 becomes de-supported.
Download our paper to receive:
- An overview of Oracle EBS 12.1 End of Support (EOS), including what exactly EOS is, and Oracle’s support policies.
- A review of the top features of Oracle EBS 12.2, including: a streamlined installation process; an improved user interface; new icon-based page navigation; online patching to dramatically reduce downtime when applying new updates; and several others.
- Additional reasons to upgrade to Oracle EBS 12.2 on top of new key features including greater mobility and reduced time for online patching, and more.
- Reasons why some companies move to Oracle Cloud ERP (SaaS) solution, and why some choose to run their Oracle EBS on IaaS.
- How a good MSP partner such as Datavail can help you with your Oracle EBS initiative, whether it is simply to upgrade to 12.2 on-prem; upgrade and move your environment to the cloud (IaaS); or migrate to Oracle Cloud ERP.
Download the White Paper