Going Open-Source: Why and How to Migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Oracle’s database solutions pack a serious punch. However, this power also comes at a price.
Developing and maintaining a software platform that can support all of Oracle’s features at a high level of performance is quite costly and not always the best option for smaller businesses.
Because of this complexity, some organizations are migrating away from Oracle and commercial databases toward other options, open-source being one. PostgreSQL has emerged as a powerful, open-source object-relational database system that’s known for its flexibility, capacity and value.
If your organization is looking to make the move from Oracle to PostgreSQL, read this paper to learn:
- The benefits of PostgreSQL as an alternative to Oracle
- The reasons to consider migrating from Oracle
- The four steps you need to do to prepare for a database migration
- Potential post-migration challenges
- A success story on an Oracle to PostgreSQL migration that saved a client thousands of dollars in licensing fees a year – and a few other wins.
Making the decision to migrate database platforms is never a simple decision, we want to ensure you have all the information to make the right choice for your organization.
Download The White Paper