Customer relationship management (CRM) software is one of the most crucial applications for enterprise IT, helping businesses keep track of their contacts with vendors, leads, and clients.
91 percent of organizations with more than 10 employees now use a CRM—and the average return on their investment can be as high as $8.71 for every dollar spent.
Yet with many companies operating across multiple locations, regions, countries, and time zones, integrating all of your CRM data can be a significant challenge. Yet the results of a CRM integration project are well worth the time and effort. The benefits of an integrated CRM ecosystem include:
- Creating stronger customer relationships and improved customer retention rates.
- Identifying new opportunities based on customer feedback.
- Developing better products and services through data-driven decision-making.
- Making smarter sales and marketing decisions for different countries and regions.
- Improving data quality by reducing data duplication in multiple locations.
In particular, a cloud-based CRM can offer advantages such as:
- Lower costs: Migrating from on-premises to the cloud is also a move from a capital expense to a recurring operating expense; many businesses find that the latter is more cost effective. The cloud also frees you from the obligation of employing in-house staff for IT support and maintenance.
- Greater scalability: Scaling on-premises IT is challenging without making another costly hardware purchase. In the cloud, however, you can scale your data or storage by leveraging the cloud provider’s existing resources.
- Easier integration: Moving to the cloud makes it easier to integrate with other software, systems, and platforms.
With over 60,000 employees in 200 countries and territories, one of Datavail’s recent clients was struggling to integrate their fractured CRM ecosystem, with different systems in use at each regional branch. To find out how Datavail helped the client unite their CRM software in the Microsoft Azure cloud, check out our case study “Worldwide Manufacturing and Services Company Modernizes with Sleek New CRM.”
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Ultimately the goal of commentary in OBIEE is to have a system for persisting feedback, creating a call to action, and recognizing the prolific users.