Putting the ArtOfBI podcast together guerrilla bare-bones on-the-cheap style is quite interesting. There have been some challenges but ultimately with some open source software and some digging it has come together nicely.
A few challenges I’ve encountered thus far are:
- Recording the podcast, interview style
- So, recording the first podcast was very straightforward – Just a computer running an audio capture program like Audacity and a microphone. But getting other people on the same recording kostenlos was initially a challenge, but then there was Google Voice. Google Voice is free from Google and when someone phones your Google Voice line, simply press a key (Number 4) after you answered the call and the Google Voice call goes into record mode. Press the number 4 or hang-up to end the recording. After the call, the recording is in your Google Voice inbox with the ability to download it in MP3 format. Sweet!
- Adding an image to an audio file
- This is very interesting because I never knew that an audio file itself could be outfitted with a separate image file then combined. Though, it makes sense, I never had the need for it. So, this blog post, http://homepage.mac.com/rfwilmut/notes/faq.html#coverart, gave the quick one-two that I needed to make it happen.
On top of those challenges a few other procedural efforts have also been very enlightening. These include:
- Submitting the ArtOfBI.com Podcast to iTunes
- Honestly, this was not as bad as I thought it would be. Apple has clearly done there homework and has put just enough red-tape in one’s path to ensure that submissions are BS and that the submitter has actually done their homework. The Art Of Business Intelligence podcast was just accepted today to the iTunes podcast library, you can subscribe here, http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/art-of-business-intelligence/id440812458
All in all so far the podcast has garnered decent feedback. We’ve several interviews lined up as of May 31,2010 now its just time to execute. I am still looking to fill the calendar for topics over the next few months as I ramp up for Oracle Open World 2011 (holy smokes, I just Googled for the OOW link and see that Sting and Tom Petty are performing, Awesome!). If you know of any interesting things happening in the Business Intelligence world leave a comment or drop me a line and I’ll be sure to follow-up. Its Go Time!
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
EPM applications help measure the business performance. This post will help you choose the best EPM solutions for your organization’s needs and objectives.
Imagine over one hundred logins in the source server, you need to migrate them to the destination server. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could automate the process?