Yes, OBI 11g brings a lot to the table in way of graphical user interface and infrastructure architecture.
But what about the metadata? How is the RPD any different than 10g?
Here is the immediate link to the OBI 11g documentation stating what’s new for OBI 11g Metadata developers.
- New SampleApp.rpd Demonstration Repository
- Hierarchy Objects in the Presentation Layer
- Support for Unbalanced (Ragged) and Skip-Level Hierarchies
- Support for Parent-Child Hierarchies
- Creating Subject Areas for Logical Stars and Snowflakes
- Multicurrency Support
- Generating and Applying XML Patch Files
- Enhancements for Multiuser Development and Repository Lifecycle Management
- Metadata Repository File Encryption
- Metadata Repository File Compression
- Embedded Database Functions
- SQL Functions for Time Series Calculations and Level-Based Measures
- Support for SELECT_PHYSICAL
- Support for Calculated Members
- Access to Essbase Data Sources
- Access to Hyperion Financial Management Data Sources
- Access to ADF Business Component Data Sources
- Access to Oracle RPAS Data Store Through ODBC
- Ability to Connect to Oracle Database Through OCI
- Support for Dragging and Dropping XMLA Objects
- Support for Using a Standby Database with Oracle Business Intelligence
- Aggregate Persistence Auto-Indexing
- Pruning Utility to Delete Unwanted Repository Objects
- Ability to Defer Execution of Session Variable Initialization Blocks
- Improved Usability in the Administration Tool
Subscribe to Our Blog
Never miss a post! Stay up to date with the latest database, application and analytics tips and news. Delivered in a handy bi-weekly update straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Ultimately the goal of commentary in OBIEE is to have a system for persisting feedback, creating a call to action, and recognizing the prolific users.